One of our focus areas this week was on goals, and here's what I wrote in TEams365 #945 around Creating Shared Goals:
"Today's New Team Leader tip gets you thinking about having a plan and creating clear and shared goals with your team. As a team leader we need to always remember that we work through our team, so creating SHARED goals with team members are key.
Questions to consider and have dialogue with the team:
1. What are the top goals for this quarter for the team in general? For the team as individuals?
2. How do goals fit together? Intersect and align across the team?
3. Do team members understand how their efforts impact others on the team?
4. How do current efforts support goals of the department or the organization?
5. What's at risk/stake if these goals aren't completed?
6. How do smaller goals fit into the bigger picture?
7. What does each goal look like at the 30,000 foot view vs what it looks like from the shoreline?
8. What else is important to have dialogue around goals?"
I hope that you will take a few minutes in the coming weeks to discuss some of these questions with your team members. Read the other New Team Leader Posts here.
Potentials Realized | Coaching Team Leaders
Team and Leadership Development | Coaching | Retreats.
Follow us on Twitter @Teams365
Looking to enhance your virtual conversations - Conference calls? Webinars? Virtual coaching work? Pick up a copy of my new book, Effective Virtual Conversations, at Amazon.