There are a number of ways that peers can support enhance performance including:
1. By investing in cross-training opportunities across the team, so different team members can take on other tema member’s roles. In this cross-training process, as more members become confident and proficient with different team roles and responsibilities, the opportunity for dialogue about what’s working, and what’s not is key
2. By creating peer learning circles where the intent is to focus on team performance, with either a results or relationship realm.
3. By pairing team members on a quarterly basis as peer partners. While the focus of this can be varied, part of the intention and focus may be on helping them gain their technique and having hem work through a series of performance conversations.
4. By building in time during your staff meetings to talk about performance
5. To provide systems or tools so that people can capture their learning. Many organizations create coaching logs, and performance logs, so that staff members can track and capture their own learning. This should go hand in hand with a one-page plan which could be done over a quarter or longer.
What are the things you would like to do to create more of a culture around feedback?