In yesterday’s post I shared more about routines and habits in support of performance, but what about practices?
Practices are things we do on a regular basis to support relationships and results. This might include:
- Weekly or bi-weekly Team Meetings
- Monthly social events for team members to connect – i.e. afterwork fun events like ping pong or lunchtime potlucks
- Quarterly Team Booster Shots or Retreats – one of our most popular offerings this year has been half day Team Strengths Days which we offer to teams virtually, helping them learn more about themselves, their strengths and/or styles. Take a look at what we do and learn more about our Team Days
- Team buddies – where team members are paired with one or two others to create informal peer connections and/or mentoring
- Formal and informal mentoring
- Lunch and learns to facilitate learning more formally
- Development and review of team norms on a regular basis
- Connecting – getting to know each other. Understanding our roles and how they overlap
- Communicating – Formally and informally. Taking time to review and focus on how effective our different communication channels are
In fact, all of the 7 Cs I shared as Remote Enablers are just as important as team practices. Be sure to check out the 7 Enablers again if you haven’t revisited them in a while. You can find them in this video entitled Remote Team Boosters.
You can also read more about them in much greater depth in Reconnecting Workspaces, as well as the 90-Day Guide for Success.
Enjoy the conversation!
Potentials Realized |Reconnecting Workspaces | Group Coaching Essentials
Team and Leadership Development | Coaching | Retreats
Follow us on Instagram @ReconnectingWorkspaces
Check out my TEDx talk
Looking to bring your workplaces back together, whether you are remote, hybrid, or face-to-face? Pick up a copy of my new book, Reconnecting Workspaces, at Amazon.