As I shared a few weeks ago here at the Teams365 blog, “in Coaching Teams Though Chaos I dive into the WHAT and WHO of Coaching Teams. The WHAT involves exploring the SIX FACTORS of High Performing Teams which I first shared and published back in 2017 with Effective Virtual Conversations. How does your team stack up in these six areas.
The WHAT of team coaching involves several elements. Given that team coaching is still relatively new it can be useful to note that teams which benefit may be
They may also be looking at topics including the Six FACTORS of high performing teams – WHAT teams will want to be aligned around including their:
1. Shared purpose or mission (Your WHY)
2. Shared behavioral norms (How you do things? What is acceptable and unacceptable on the team)
3. Shared commitment (What are team members committed to?)
4. Shared performance goals (How are people measured? How do your goals align? Overlap?)
5. Shared team practices (Teams that work together effectively share common practices such as a Monday morning huddle, a Thursday night out or some other regular event).
6. Clear Roles (How our roles overlap, align and connect).
(Refer to Teams365 #307 for more on this)
The WHO of Coaching Teams speaks to the diverse styles and roles we need to help teams thrive. This includes six different roles in a team – from the Innovative Experimenter™, to the Culture Wizard ™. Check out which of the styles you are with the Hybrid Work Styles Quiz™ I first launched back in 2021. You can find it here.
Our composition and the relationships amongst us are often as important, if not more important, to team success as is WHAT we are doing.
Last week when working with a team one member indicated that their opinion was that it really was this piece – the RELATIONSHIP element – which would allow the team to really get to their best work. They also noted that this was the component which had been impacted the most with remote work.
I hope you will take a look at my latest TEDx talk – check it out:
Let us know what you liked about it by commenting on the video. Please share with others who could benefit from the topic.
Potentials Realized |Reconnecting Workspaces | Group Coaching Essentials
Team and Leadership Development | Coaching | Retreats
Follow us on Instagram @ReconnectingWorkspaces
Check out my TEDx talk
Looking to bring your workplaces back together, whether you are remote, hybrid, or face-to-face? Pick up a copy of my new book, Reconnecting Workspaces, at Amazon.