The Dominant style, characterized by assertiveness and a focus on results, can build a more effective partnership with the Steadiness style, which emphasizes stability and collaboration, through the following strategies:
- Clear Communication: Dominant individuals can benefit from the Steadiness partner's patience and willingness to listen. By taking the time to explain their ideas thoroughly and allowing the Steadiness partner to express their thoughts, the Dominant individual can ensure that their message is understood and well-received.
- Respect for Procedures: Steadiness individuals value structure and established processes. Dominant partners can accommodate this preference by incorporating a degree of predictability into the workflow, which can help the Steadiness partner feel more comfortable and engaged in the task at hand.
- Balanced Decision-Making: While Dominant styles may be quick to make decisions, a partnership with a Steadiness style can introduce a thoughtful and deliberative approach. Steadiness individuals often consider various angles before settling on a course of action, contributing valuable insights to the decision-making process.
- Conflict Resolution: Dominant individuals, driven by results, might sometimes overlook interpersonal considerations. Steadiness partners can aid in conflict resolution by offering a more empathetic and relationship-focused perspective, helping to maintain a harmonious team atmosphere.
- Collaborative Environment: Dominant styles can encourage a sense of collaboration by acknowledging the Steadiness partner's contributions and creating an inclusive environment where their input is valued. This can lead to improved teamwork and a stronger sense of unity.
To foster a productive collaboration between a Dominant and a Steadiness style, mutual understanding and flexibility are key. The Dominant individual should recognize and respect the Steadiness partner's need for stability and cooperation, while the Steadiness partner can adapt to the Dominant's drive for results. By striking a balance between their distinct strengths, these two styles can create a harmonious partnership that capitalizes on each other's abilities and propels the team toward success.
Ultimately, the synergy between a Dominant and a Steadiness style can yield remarkable results, combining assertiveness with stability, and efficiency with collaboration. When harnessed effectively, this partnership becomes a driving force for innovation, productivity, and a well-rounded approach to team dynamics.
Potentials Realized |Reconnecting Workspaces | Group Coaching Essentials
Team and Leadership Development | Coaching | Retreats
Follow us on Instagram @ReconnectingWorkspaces
Reach out to book a conversation regarding how your team can benefit from the Everything DiSC. Send an email to Jennifer (firstname.lastname@example.org) OR book a call (link to https://calendly.com)
Check out my TEDx talk
Looking to bring your workplaces back together, whether you are remote, hybrid, or face-to-face? Pick up a copy of my new book, Reconnecting Workspaces, at Amazon.