strengths. This can be used in connection with other strengths-based profiles such as VIA Character Strengths Survey.
Purpose: To explore strengths individually or collectively.
Time: 10 to 120 minutes (combined with other strengths activities).
For Whom: Individuals, teams, groups
Create a layout of 10 to 12 images (or an equal number to those present). Go to Adobe Stock, Pexels, or Pixabay for photos you might incorporate.
If completing this on the individual or team level, use some of the sparker questions to get people thinking.
Have each person select at least three photos which represent what they see as their strengths, or their team’s strengths. Reflect on what they notice about the photos and what they represent. Get them to identify an example of when they have used that strength.
If you have time, pair people in a breakout. Have another group/team member select up to three
other photos which represent how they see that person’s strengths. Have them share these one at a time, also providing their partner with a story of when they have personally seen that strength in action.
This activity is a great complement to such other strengths-based approaches and assessments as VIA Strengths or StrengthsFinder2.0.
• What three adjectives would you use to describe yourself?
• What adjectives would others use to describe you?
• What do you see as your top three strengths?
• When are you at your best?
• What do your strengths in action look like?
Questions to consider on a team level:
• According to Strengths Based Leadership, what areas are your strengths in? Which of the four
• As you consider your team, where are your strengths?
• If you were to take a look across the entire team, where do your strengths lie collectively
(which of the four areas)? What are the gaps?
• To identify strengths to boost planning, support productivity, and expand awareness
• To support a team in getting to know each other and their strengths
• To boost engagement and productivity
Potentials Realized |Reconnecting Workspaces | Group Coaching Essentials
Team and Leadership Development | Coaching | Retreats
Follow us on Instagram @ReconnectingWorkspaces
Check out my TEDx talk
Looking to bring your workplaces back together, whether you are remote, hybrid, or face-to-face? Pick up a copy of my new book, Reconnecting Workspaces, at Amazon.