Here are 10 remote conversation starters you might want to try out:
- Tell me a little about the work you do.
- What are the major projects on your desk right now?
- Tell me a little about your career progression and how you got to your current role?
- What have you found to be a useful tip around building relationships virtually?
- What’s been your biggest learning as a professional?
- What are some strategies you use to (manage conflict, “manage up”, focus on you)?
- What helps you be productive in the remote space?
- What resources do you tap into regularly (websites, people etc)
- What’s one tip or suggestion you have for others in our line of work/space?
- What’s the piece of advice you have for others?
These are all possibilities. They may have resonance or not.
Key to remote working success is making a concreted effort to build relationships (horizontal, vertical, within your industry, outside your organization and industry) on a regular basis.
I hope that you find these remote conversation starters useful.
What other ones do you like to ask?
Enjoy the conversations!
Potentials Realized | Coaching Team Leaders | Remote Pathways Podcast
Team and Leadership Development | Coaching | Everything DiSC
Get your Q2 planning on with the PlanDoTrack Workbook and Planner or Coaching Business Builder
Looking to enhance your virtual conversations? Webinars? Pick up a copy of Effective Virtual Conversations at Amazon, or join me for the Virtual Facilitation Essentials program
Contact us to discuss how we can support you and your teams and organization with remote work.
Check out upcoming virtual programs on our calendar
PDF copies of PlanDoTrack now available! Get yours here.