Back on September 20th I started a series of posts that took us through the fall - 20 Focus Areas for Virtual and Remote Teams, and activities you might consider using with your teams.
From vision work, to developing a team charter, building relationships and EI, to making matrix management work, I shared different activities you might bring into your next team meeting, as well as questions which might frame your next team conversation.
Over the last three months I've covered activities in these areas:
- Who are we as a team? Check out Teams #1359: Who are we as a team?
- Getting to know each other - team individuals
- What's our vision?
- Creating a team charter or team agreements
- Team Roles
- Goals - immediate work planning for the next month/quarter. Check out Teams365 #1380 on Goals.
- Identifying Strategic Goals. Check out Teams365 #1386 around working with strategic goals.
- Knowing our strengths (i.e. StrengthsFinder)
- Knowing our styles (DiSC ) - this can impact communication, decision making
- Difficult Conversations. Check out Teams365 #1394:
- Conflict Management
- Providing Feedback to Each Other
- Other performance management issues
- Time Management and Prioritizing
- Matrix Management. Check out Teams365 #1421 around Matrix Management.
- Intercultural skills and knowledge
- Project Management
- Emotional Intelligence
- Relationship Building
Check out all of the 20 Virtual and Remote Team Activities here.
As a former team leader myself I know that many times we are left with the task of developing our team members, and the 2016 Culture Wizard Survey found, only 22% of virtual teams receive any development support. Read their survey here. Are you one of those 22%?
Mid-summer my new book, Effective Virtual Conversations, was released and it's started making its way into the hands of team leaders all over the world. Chapter 7 is dedicated to different activities you can use with teams. Please check those out.
During November I was able to draft the manuscript of another new book, this one which will be for virtual and remote team leaders, addressing the topic of skills, competencies and practices. It will also include 20 different tools for team leaders and their teams. Keep your eyes open for this new book from me in mid to late 2018!
I've highlighted a number of the activity posts here and hope that you will check out the posts, to build your baseline. Enjoy and let us know which ones you have tried.
Potentials Realized |Reconnecting Workspaces | Group Coaching Essentials
Team and Leadership Development | Coaching | Retreats
Follow us on Instagram @ReconnectingWorkspaces
Follow us on TikTok at https://www.tiktok.com/@groupcoach
Reach out to book a conversation regarding how your team can benefit from the Everything DiSC. Send an email to Jennifer OR book a call
Check out my TEDx talk on Coaching Teams Through Chaos and the Six Factors™
Looking to bring your workplaces back together, whether you are remote, hybrid, or face-to-face? Pick up a copy of my new book, Reconnecting Workspaces, at Amazon.