Yesterday's post was on Virtual or Remote Team Development and a suggestion for an activity to fovus on results. Virtual and Remote TEam Development can take a number of forms - from being part of team meetings, to being stand alone days. What are the types of topics you might want to address? Today's post includes 20 different topics which are common for virtual teams. As you take a look at this list you might want to:
- Share it with the team. What would they prioritize as the topic five topic areas for discussion?
- Consider in what format you would want to address these (as part of a team meeting, as a separate one)
- Who are we as a team?
- Getting to know each other - team individuals
- What's our vision?
- Creating a team charter or team agreements
- Team Roles
- Goals - immediate work planning for the next month/quarter
- Identifying Strategic Goals
- Knowing our strengths (i.e. StrengthsFinder)
- Knowing our styles (DiSC ) - this can impact communication, decision making
- Difficult Conversations
- Conflict Management
- Providing Feedback to Each Other
- Other performance management issues
- Time Management and Prioritizing
- Matrix Management
- Intercultural skills and knowledge
- Project Management
- Emotional Intelligence
- Relationship Building
Over the last 3 years it is likely that you will find a number of posts related to HOW to address some of these areas.
You may also notice that some of these topics are team-focused, while others are individually focused. Depending on how your team operates, and what stage of evolution it is at, you may find a preference for one or another.
What team events do you have scheduled during which you could focus on some of these topics? What do you see as current priorities?
What other questions would be useful to consider as you look at these topics?
I hope that today's post has sparked some interest?
Potentials Realized | Coaching Team Leaders
Team and Leadership Development | Coaching | Retreats.
Follow us on Twitter @Teams365
You can grab a copy of my new book, Effective Virtual Conversations, at Amazon. You can also purchase an autograph copy direct from our site
Looking to schedule some team development this fall? Contact me to discuss whether the Everything DiSC or the Five Behaviors of a Cohesive Team is a starting point.