Team culture is all about HOW WE DO things here. Remote Team culture and fostering a sense of connection and identity is critical in a space where we may be members of multiple matrix teams. Our team culture consists of many different components – consider how you are building these out:
- Our beliefs – What are the things we hold true? What do we believe in?
- Our sayings – Consider the impact of a mantra of “better done than perfect” versus “review until all the t’s are crossed, and i’s dotted”.
- What we value – How do our values show up in WHAT we do? What do our values look like in action? For example, is it speed or perfection?
- Sense of identity – Who we are. What are the adjectives which describe us as a team?
- Our practices and commitments – What will we ensure we always do, no matter what? Examples might include ALWAYS having a Friday afternoon status update no matter what OR ensuring that someone is available to serve customers (virtually or physically) within working hours (even if we have a meeting).
What areas of your culture could benefit from being intentional around?
Accountability is a key part of the coaching conversation. In this week’s post, I’m taking a look back at a past post.
Enjoy your conversation!
Potentials Realized |Reconnecting Workspaces | Group Coaching Essentials
Team and Leadership Development | Coaching | Retreats
Follow us on Instagram @ReconnectingWorkspaces
Looking to bring your workplaces back together, whether you are remote, hybrid, or face-to-face? Pick up a copy of my new book, Reconnecting Workspaces, at Amazon.