Our team culture consists of many different components – consider how you are building these out:
- Our beliefs – What are the things we hold true? What do we believe in?
- Our sayings – Consider the impact of a mantra of “better done than perfect” versus “review until all the t’s are crossed, and i’s dotted”.
- What we value – How do our values show up in WHAT we do? What do our values look like in action? For example, is it speed or perfection?
- Sense of identity – Who we are. What are the adjectives which describe us as a team?
- Our practices and commitments – What will we ensure we always do, no matter what? Examples might include ALWAYS having a Friday afternoon status update no matter what OR ensuring that someone is available to serve customers (virtually or physically) within working hours (even if we have a meeting).
What areas of your culture could benefit from being intentional around?
Take a look at this past post #1526 here.
Check out the audio I did as part of one of the Team Leader Breakfast Café Series back in 2014 here.
What do you want to be more intentional about communicating? A strong team culture is important as it fosters a sense of identity and also signals to our team members and others, HOW we do things and what we value.
Enjoy your conversations!
Potentials Realized | Coaching Team Leaders
Coaching Skills Training | Leadership Development | Teamwork
Growing Team Leaders, One Conversation at a Time™ in the Remote Space
Contact us to discuss leadership, coaching or performance needs for your and your team
Check out our Digital Resources to support you in your work and conversations