In the next few days I’ll start wrapping up our focus on goals and start looking to our themes for February – relationships, collaboration and trust.
It's likely that a majority of you, and your team members, have set some goals for yourself this year, and some may be wondering, how will I be successful?
he Five Goal Setting Elements article covers these five points:. You can read the article here. T
1. Choose what
goal setting framework will work for you - whether it's SMART goals, check lists etc, choose an approach that works for you.
2. Consider the timelines around the goals. Which ones are a priority when?\
3. Goal Visibility - as I wrote earlier, keep your goals visible - whether they are on your phone, your desk or your fridge.
4. Accountability and support - who will help you be successful?
5. Celebration and Recognition - what will you do to recognize your movement towards the goals? What milestones have you set for yourself? How will you celebrate along the way?
Several other factors are often mentioned in terms of goal achievement include :
* making sure your list of goals is not too long
* sharing it with others
and for team leaders, whether it's your goal or team members goals:
* Giving an opportunity for each team member to share what their key goals are for the year and what's important about that.
* helping team members know how their goals interface with, and impact other goals such as KPIs, team goals or corporate goals.
As we go to wrap up our focus on goals in a few days, what is important for you to consider putting into practice or making a regular habit.
With best wishes,
Potentials Realized | Coaching Team Leaders
Team and Leadership Development | Coaching | Retreats.
Follow us on Twitter @Teams365
Looking to enhance your virtual conversations - Conference calls? Webinars? Virtual coaching work? Pick up a copy of my new book, Effective Virtual Conversations, at Amazon.
New in 2018 - The Teams365 Leadership Lab - an annual group for leaders which meets every two weeks throughout 2018. We'll be exploring topics like Emotional Intelligence, Team Management, Coaching Skills. The first of 26 2018 calls happens today at 845 am ET. Download the call schedule here.