As we consider what role clarity in our team we may be exploring questions like :
Who is doing what? When?
What are the reporting structures?
What needs to be reported, when?
What level of responsibility do people need?
Where does overlap exist?
What gaps exist? What needs attention?
This week take note of the clarity, or lack of clarity that exists around role clarity
Some of the impact this can have includes:
Team members being unsure as to what they need to do, when
- Inefficient communication, or lack of communication
- Priorities not getting met or executed on
- To create more clarity around goals:
- Have dialogue around what people are working on in the team. Note overlap and how work fits together
- Have a focus on role clarity in your one on ones or team meetings
- Map out the different roles (literally writing them down) and see what changes the team would benefit from. This approach may be most suited when significant issues are flagged
Have a great Tuesday,