Meetings can be a essential part of the communication needed for high performing teams, and unfortunately have gotten a bad rap due to poorly planned and poorly executed meetings.
some tips to keep in mind for focusing and leveraging your meetings:
1. What is the purpose of this meeting?
2. Is a meeting the best way to address this topic?
3. What do we want to have as a takeaway?
4. Who needs to be at the table?
5. What preparation is needed for us to be most effective in the meeting?
6. What follow up is needed?
7. What else will help us to focus and leverage this meeting?
Check out past posts on meetings I have written here, including:
Teams365 #322: Meeting Faux-pas. Read it here.
Teams365 #390: Hosting Effective Virtual Meetings. Listen into this 10 minute audio here.
Questions to consider:
How effective are your meetings?
What changes do you want to make?
What will allow you to have the most effective meetings?
Have a great Wednesday,
Potentials Realized | Coaching Team Leaders
Check out our newest on-demand course: Teams365 Teamwork Foundations
Follow us on Twitter @Teams365
Looking for more tips and ideas to support you in your work as a leader? Sign up for our monthly newsletter, full of tips, resources and hacks for leaders and team members looking to realize their potential. Sign up at http://bit.ly/teams365news