It can be important to have a conversation with your peers who you are going to lead, discussing what differences there may need to be around your relationship, particularly:
- What will shift as you move into your role?
- What do they see will shift?
- What expectations do they have of your relationship? What expectations do you have?
- What information you will and will not be able to share with others as you move into the leadership role
- Regardless of title, what will remain the same?
This conversation will be influenced by your style, the quality of the relationship you have, how long the leadership role will be etc
What else do you want to keep in mind as you move into your new leadership role? Any tips for others?
Have a great Tuesday,
Potentials Realized | Coaching Team Leaders
Team and Leadership Development | Coaching | Retreats
Follow us on Twitter @Teams365
Looking for more tips and ideas to support you in your work as a leader? Sign up for our monthly newsletter, full of tips, resources and hacks for leaders and team members looking to realize their potential. Sign up at http://bit.ly/teams365news