- Share their own stories, experiences of what’s worked and what hasn’t in their role
- Provide strategic, tactical insights about how work is really done in an organization
- Provide useful tips
- Help to expand insights on the work and political networks in an organization
- Expand networks
- Providing useful insights around priorities, networks, resources etc.
Mentors do not always need to have held the same role. In a lot of work that I undertake mentees/proteges are paired with other professionals in an organization.
Questions to consider:
- What role would you want a mentor to play?
- What insights are you looking for?
- Does your organization offer formal or informal mentoring opportunities?
- Who might be a potential mentor?
Have a great start to the week,
Potentials Realized | Coaching Team Leaders
Team and Leadership Development | Coaching | Retreats
Follow us on Twitter @Teams365
Looking for more tips and ideas to support you in your work as a leader? Sign up for our monthly newsletter, full of tips, resources and hacks for leaders and team members looking to realize their potential. Sign up at http://bit.ly/teams365news