A while ago i published an article on Five Goal Setting Elements which can support us on our movement towards the goals. You can read the article here. These five elements are:
1. Choose what
goal setting framework will work for you - whether it's SMART goals, check lists etc, choose an approach that works for you.
2. Consider the timelines around the goals. Which ones are a priority when?\
3. Goal Visibility - as I wrote last week, keep your goals visible - whether they are on your phone, your desk or your fridge.
4. Accountability and support - who will help you be successful?
5. Celebration and Recognition - what will you do to recognize your movement towards the goals? What milestones have you set for yourself? How will you celebrate along the way?
Several other factors are often mentioned in terms of goal achievement including :
* making sure your list of goals is not too long
* sharing it with others
and for team leaders, whether it's your goal or team members goals:
* Giving an opportunity for each team member to share what their key goals are for the year and what's important about that.* helping team members know how their goals interface with, and impact other goals such as KPIs, team goals or corporate goals.
With best wishes,
Potentials Realized | Coaching Team Leaders
Supporting Team Leaders to do their best work, one conversation at a time
Coaching Skills Training | Teamwork | Leadership
Join us in January for a Teams365 Coaching Group
Follow us on Twitter @Teams365
The Teams365 Team Leader Cards are now available - put some jazz in your 201 meetings with better questions