1. Tell me about a time when you learned the most?
2. What do you see as the most important skills for (insert job title)?
3. What are the activities I can undertake to learn skills in x?
4. What has been your biggest learning throughout your career
5. What do you see as new trends for our work/organization on the horizon?
6. How do you navigate work-life issues?
7. What advice would you provide about projects? Onboarding? Getting up to speed? Making new connections? Keeping stakeholders engaged (definitely not be asked in one breath!)
8. In order to make the move from job A to job B what do you see as needed?
9. What do you do to keep abreast of professional development/trends?
10. Tell me what you think iis important with....
11. \What's your most valuable lesson learned?
12. Now that you know me, what's the one piece of advice you would offer me....
I hope that you enjoy these and are able to use them at some point of your mentoring journey. Do you have any other questions you have found to be invaluable? If so, please feel free to comment below.
Potentials Realized | Mentor RoadMap(TM)
Looking to spark more conversation with your team? Consider the Conversation Sparker(TM) Cards
Set up a conversation about how we can support you and your team best