- What are your goals for the mentoring partnership – having 3-5 goals (depending on the period of mentoring involved) can help to frame and maximize each conversation touchpoint.
- As the mentor, what role do you want me to play? Mentors can play a variety of roles, from cheerleader and motivator, to someone who inspires to. They also can hold you accountable to taking specific actions you have identified.
- What are your expecations of each other?
- What are the parameters and preferences around your meetings – length, time of day, location preferences etc.
- How will you track progress and measure success? Depending on the frequency of your meetings it can be useful to have mini-evaluations along the way. Starting with your first meeting, discuss how you will track progress and measure success.
Potentials Realized | Coaching Team Leaders
Coaching Skills Training | Leadership Development | Teamwork
Growing Team Leaders, One Conversation at a Time(TM)
Contact us to discuss coaching or performance support for you or your team
Visit our sister site MentorRoadMap.com for more information about our mentoring training and support services through our collaborative partnership of the Mentor RoadMap(TM).