Today's blog post includes six questions leaders can be asking in any facilitated session. These are:
1. What do you need or want from this session?
2. How engaged do you plan to be?
3. What will help you keep focused?
4. On a scale of 1-10, what is your level of clarity/focus/commitment (Scaling questions are wonderful in getting a pulse check of the meeting/event)
5. What has been your most important insight/learning so far?
6. What is your next step? or What are you going to do (in the next 24 hours, right after this meeting, in the next week etc)?
As I write in my book, From One to Many: Best Practices for Team and Group Coaching (Jossey-Bass, 2013) "Questions form the backbone of any coaching conversation". Having a wide variety of questions to draw upon help us to create an environment of dialogue, and mutual accountability. Check out some of our past weekly columns from the 6 Leadership Questions series here.
Potentials Realized | Coaching Team Leaders
Coaching Skills Training | Leadership Development | Teamwork
Growing Team Leaders, One Conversation at a Time(TM)
Contact us to discuss coaching or performance support you or your team