1. What's really important about this issue? - for me? The other party?
2. What's important to the other person and how is that similar to my vantage point?
3. What is common about our outcomes?
4. What is my style of conflict (competing, collaborating, avoiding, accommodating or compromising)?
5. What is at stake if we can't resolve it?
6. What do I/can I "reframe" * about the situation?
7. What are our next steps around this issue?
* Reframing is a skill in which we look at the issue for a different vantage point.
What other questions would be useful to ask around this issue?
Potentials Realized | Coaching Team Leaders
Coaching Skills Training | Leadership Development | Teamwork
Growing Team Leaders, One Conversation at a Time(TM)
Contact us to discuss coaching or learning support for your most pressing team or leadership issue