We start off today with Performance Management, an area many leaders may feel uncomfortable with. Five key things which I think are important to have in your performance management toolkit are:
1. Mager and Pipe's Performance Analysis Tree - Click here for a quick slide share example of some of the questions to be inquiring about/exploring when performance issues are being experienced. What's at the core? Unclear expectations? Lack of resources? Other?
I explore this in the Coaching Skills training I deliver for leaders as it supports exploration of what's really at the root of performance issues.
2. An overview of what's included in the performance management process - View About.com's overview and Checklist for Performance Management Process.
3. MindTool.com's article on Performance Management and KPIs (Key Performance Indicators). Click here to read
4. 9 Essential Performance Management Techniques from the 10 Minute Management Toolkit. Read here.
5. Past posts I've written here at the Teams365 blog on Feedback and Performance Management.
Have a great weekend!
Potentials Realized | Coaching Team Leaders
Read more about our Coaching Skills Training for Leaders
Set up a conversation about how we can support you and your team best