8 Questions to be asking yourself as you think about delegation include:
1. What is important for me to focus on right now? With that in mind, what can I delegate on?
2. Who would benefit, and be able, to take on each task?
3. What support will they need to the successful?
4. What will success look like for each project? How will they know that they are on the mark?
5. How will we check in around the task?
6. What authority and responsibility do I need to provide to them to be successful with the task?
7. What are the lessons learned from taking on the task?
8. With what I have delegated, what space does that free up?
What other questions will you want to keep in mind as you think about delegation?
Have a great week,
Jennifer Britton, MES, CPT, PCC
Author of From One to Many: Best Practices for Team and Group Coaching (Jossey-Bass, 2013) and Effective Group Coaching (Wiley, 2010)
Team and Leadership Development | Coaching | Retreats
Five Behaviors of a Cohesive Team Authorized Partner
Everything DiSC® Authorized Partner
Contact us and let us know how we can support you in helping your team reach its' full potential: (416)996-TEAM (8326)