If this is your first time visiting, please take a look at all 365 2014 Teams365 posts. I'll be covering topics this year including coaching skills for leaders, mentoring, core leadership competencies, key teamwork skills, and of course, things that support teams being exceptional.
Today's post gets you thinking about your goals for this year. Without a clear shared vision and goals understood and embraced by the entire team, it is hard to get great results.
Before you get back to work for the year, spend a few minutes reflecting on these key questions for your 2015 goals:
- What are your key goals for 2015 - personally? As a team?
- On a scale of 1-10, how easy are these goals? Which ones are going to be the most stretch?
- What will keep these goals at the forefront for you this year?
- How do you want to track them? What are key milestones along the way?
- What do you need in order to achieve them (people, resources, finances etc)?
- What are you committed to achieving this year, no matter what?
- How do your individual, team and organizational goals align?
- Who will you be accountable to?
- How will you celebrate them along the way?
Take time to write these down in a place you can refer back to. When you get back to work, share and discuss these with your team members, those you collaborate with, and other stakeholders.
You can also access a recent post on creating your 2015 vision here.
Have a terrific start to 2015! I look forward to continuing to be a resource for you and your team as you move throughout the year.
Jennifer Britton, MES, PCC, CPT
Potentials Realized | Teams365 programming for Team Leaders
Author of From One to Many: Best Practices for Team and Group Coaching (Jossey-Bass, 2013)
Growing Team Leaders One Conversation at a Time(TM)
Leadership Development | Coaching | Retreats
Email us to discuss how we can support your leadership development efforts through training, mentoring or coaching
Looking for more support on setting your goals? Consider participating in the Inner Biz Leader(TM) Virtual Business Planning Retreat. It is includes more than 3 hours of audios and videos, and 7 hours of structured activities which you can access on a timeline that works for you, geared to support you in creating your vision and plan for the next year, while exploring your leadership foundations. Start today!