Earmarking a focus around clarifying expectations in the new year can pay off in dividends.
Areas you may want to ensure you have clear, and shared, expectations around are:
- What does success look like? For us individually? Collectively as a team?
- What are our start and end times?
- What does quality mean?
- What does being an exceptional team mean?
- What are we committed to creating? What do we need to do in order to get there?
- What do you expect of me as leader this year? What do I expect from you this year?
What other expectations are important for your team to discuss as you get back to work in January?
Jennifer Britton, MES, CPT, PCC
Potentials Realized: Coaching | Teamwork | Leadership
Supporting Team Leaders to do their best work, one conversation at a time
Author of From One to Many: Best Practices for Team and Group Coaching (Jossey-Bass, 2013)
Authorized Partner of Everything DiSC and the Five Behaviors of a Cohesive Team
Creator of the Inner Biz Leader(TM) Virtual Business Planning Retreat - a self-paced retreat supporting you in creating your plan for the next year, while exploring your leadership foundations