With meetings at many organizations, like Spotify, which I highlighted earlier this week – link to Monday – paying more attention to meetings it can be important to revisit these.
I wanted to bring back an earlier post on 12Ways to Boost Connection in Your Virtual Calls – A flashback to Teams365 #2507 - TEAMS365 #2507 – 21 Ways to More Connection in Your Zoom or Team’s Calls #virtualmeetings - POTENTIALS REALIZED
Here’s what I wrote
There are many different types of calls we have during the week, with most not having as much connection and dialogue as they could. The beauty of the virtual space is that conversations and connection can take place in a number of ways.
As I shared this summer in the Stand Out Virtually Challenge, we want to connect people on five levels:
- To you, the host
- To each other
- To the content you are offering
- To the context in which you are having the conversation
- To the technology
Consider these 12 different possibilities for creating more connection:
- Doing a pre-call with each participant to learn ore about them
- Sharing a welcome video message instead of/or in tandem with a welcome email
- Having group members share a welcome video introduction
- Using Breakouts to connect people
- Assigning an accountability partner or buddy during the process
- Taking a poll to see where everyone is thinking around a topic
- Using annotate to have people stamp where they are in agreement around a question or topic
- Doing a scavenger hunt during the call
- Using an icebreaker like BINGO during the call to find things in common
- Using Kahoot to connect people into the content you covered
- Using MentiMeter to take a poll
- Using mural to help people connect and share ideas
What else can you do to incorporate more connection on the five levels?
Enjoy the conversation!
Potentials Realized | Coaching Team Leaders
Coaching Skills Training | Leadership Development | Teamwork
Growing Team Leaders, One Conversation at a Time™ in the Remote Space
Contact us to discuss leadership, coaching or performance needs for your and your team
Potentials Realized |Reconnecting Workspaces | Group Coaching Essentials
Team and Leadership Development | Coaching | Retreats
Follow us on Instagram @ReconnectingWorkspaces
Check out my TEDx talk
Looking to bring your workplaces back together, whether you are remote, hybrid, or face-to-face? Pick up a copy of my new book, Reconnecting Workspaces, at Amazon.