I thought it would be valuable to reach back to a past post we did on team styles:
What I consider to be one of the most exciting parts of team leadership can also be the most challenging. What this is is the diversity of personalities, and styles that exist on a team.
What is the impact of different styles in your team around:
- how people want to be supported,
- how conflict is managed,
- how you need to adapt your style
- preferences for communication (email/text/face to face)
- the amount of information people receive when taking on a new task
- the amount of supervision people want (daily check-ins versus a more hands-off approach)
So much of this is influenced by our style preferences.
One of the tools I use extensively with leaders and their teams is the Everything DiSC suite of products. Whether I am working with a newly forming team or a team who needs to work more effectively, learning more about our styles and how that intersects with others is invaluable.
What do you notice about your team styles?
Potentials Realized |Reconnecting Workspaces | Group Coaching Essentials
Team and Leadership Development | Coaching | Retreats
Follow us on Instagram @ReconnectingWorkspaces
Check out my TEDx talk
Looking to bring your workplaces back together, whether you are remote, hybrid, or face-to-face? Pick up a copy of my new book, Reconnecting Workspaces, at Amazon.