The icon on the catalyst is the firework.
The characteristics of the Go-getter are:
- A doer
- Getting Things Initiated
- Getting Things Done
- Boldness and sometimes pushing the envelope in service of getting things done.
The Catalyst values ACTION. Their gift is in acceleration of clients and splash! Their blindspot may include diving into the deeper layers of awareness with a client, slowing things down and being able to hold the space for a pause.
Other titles for the Catalyst, represented by Fireworks are : the Go-Getter or Provocateur.
Provocateur means to incite to action. As a coach this may include:
- Leveraging the power of Inquiry – asking people questions so that they percolate on their responses
- Helping a team focus
- Leveraging the power of a challenge. Note that a coaching challenge
- Supporting teams and groups thourhg sprint cycles. The value of a sprint is in helping a team collapse a working cycle. By compressing the time available for a task, teams often have to remove extraneous items and focus solely on one task, getting it done
- Fireworks may be moving so fast that they steamroll or overpower others
- While splashy they may lack staying power
- The bursts of action may not be sustainable over time
To gain clarity they may activate more coaching processes with a team around
IS/IS Not (see day)
Coaching Priorities include a focus on
They are very comfortable working with Goals, KPIs (Key Performance Indicators), Objectives and Key Results (OKRs), as well as Metrics and Measurements. There is precision in the catalyst, ensuring that the necessary ingredients are there for the team to succeed.
As an inciter of action, the Fireworks Catalyst, may leverage coaching frameworks like Apps to help team members track progress, Trackers to help track action, dashboards to help teams view their progress.
The mantra of the Catalytic Firecracker Coach is What’s Your Next Step?
These coaches are energized by numbers, action and usually being in movement.
Their presence is often seen as dynamic, bold, big and powerful.
Questions to consider:
- If you are a Catalytic Firecracker, what’s important to note?
- If you partner with one, what’s important to note?
- If you haven’t taken the Quiz yet you can find it here.
Potentials Realized |Reconnecting Workspaces | Group Coaching Essentials
Team and Leadership Development | Coaching | Retreats
Follow us on Instagram @ReconnectingWorkspaces
Check out my TEDx talk
Looking to bring your workplaces back together, whether you are remote, hybrid, or face-to-face? Pick up a copy of my new book, Reconnecting Workspaces, at Amazon.