Understanding each team members role, and their preferences are key. Find out from each team member:
1. What their role is all about? - how does it connect with others? What priorities do they have? What are the key crunch points of the year for theme?
2. What are their key goals, according to their role, and also the bigger picture?
3. What are their preferences in terms of communication - Some team members may prefer face-to-face conversations versus quick email replies. What are their expectations around your communication? What are your expectations around hearing from them?
4. What do they find rewarding? - Each of us is motivated by different factors. how does this person want to be acknowledged or rewarded when they do a great job? Public recognition in a meeting, or a mention in en email?
5. What are their expectations of you?
What other things do you want to know about your team member? What do you want them to know about you and your expectations?
Potentials Realized - Leadership | Teamwork | Coaching Skills Training for Leaders
Supporting Team Leaders One Conversation at a Time(TM)
View our 12 minute presentation on the upcoming Teams365 Team Leader Foundations online training, and Coaching Groups starting this fall. The Teams365 Team Leadership Foundations Modules will be running this fall on Fridays from 7:15 - 8:15 am Eastern (by phone and web).