My Remote Pathways podcast co-host has a great phrase – Remote working rhythms – which I had to borrow for this week’s blog post. This week we pause to check in around your routines with remote work. What are the routines you have established in your work?
Questions to consider:
- Do you start work every day at a consistent time?
- End work at a consistent time?
- Get out (outside or out of the office) to fit some workouts or exercises?
- What do you do to expand your remote work rhythms?
- Possible remote working routines you could undertake:
- Having a fixed start and end time
- Participating in a regular co-working session with other professionals (similar to what I did with the 21 for 21 Virtual Co-working Sprints. Returning again in Q2.
- Tackling certain tasks at a specific time or day
- Earmarking a specific window for a certain task
Routines are important as they start to build out habits. As I have shared in past posts, habits can become automatic in terms of acting like a switch to get things done.
What are the routines or habits you want to undertake?
Potentials Realized | Coaching Team Leaders
Coaching Skills Training | Leadership Development | Teamwork
Growing Team Leaders, One Conversation at a Time™ in the Remote Space
Contact us to discuss leadership, coaching or performance needs for your and your team