What are you able to do to make your hybrid meetings run more smoothly?
Consider these tips:
- Where possible, have everyone on the same platform. It helps to equalize.
- Be intentional regarding what each group (in the room/online) is seeing and hearing. Is it equal? Are they both getting the same messaging? Be sure to ask for feedback and input to make it work the best.
If you do have to use two platforms:
- Make a point of bringing all voices into the room on a regular basis.
- Lead where possible with those people who are remote first
- Activate the Five Engagement Levers ™ (Breakouts, polls, whiteboards, chat and annotation) to get those in the virtual space involved.
As always, be sure to ask the 8 Meeting Questions I included in Effective Virtual Conversations. This includes:
- What’s the purpose?
- What takeaways do we want?
- Who needs to be on the call?
- What preparation is needed for us to be most effective in the meeting?
- What pace to do we want in order to keep it engaging?
- What will help keep the focus?
- What’s absolutely essential? (versus what will be nice to cover or where can people go for more information around topics?)
- What follow up might be required?
Enjoy your conversations!
Potentials Realized | Coaching Team Leaders
Coaching Skills Training | Leadership Development | Teamwork
Growing Team Leaders, One Conversation at a Time™ in the Remote Space
Contact us to discuss leadership, coaching or performance needs for your and your team