It’s that time where we start rolling into year end conversations, holding one on ones (coaching conversations) individually and with the team.
As we move into the end of the year, it is invaluable to schedule some one on one time with each team member. Today’s post includes a selection of 18 questions you might include in those conversations (pick and choose as appropriate). Great year end conversations help to create a pause to reflect achievements, synthesize learning and look ahead to the future.
You may want to incorporate these questions into your conversation:
- What are the key achievements you have been most proud of this year?
- What projects worked well?
- Which projects didn’t go so well?
- What was your learning there?
- What connections/relationships have been most valuable this year?
- Which relationships need attention next year?
- What’s been your biggest learning this year? What experiences provided that?
- What has worked well with the team this year? What hasn’t?
- What feedback do you have for me as the leader? (What’s worked and what hasn’t)
- What’s one suggestion for how we could do things differently as a team next year?
Looking ahead to next year:
- What are you excited about?
- What habits do you want to cultivate or lean into?
- What do you want to do to keep growing your skills?
- By December 31, 2019 what do you hope you will have achieved? OR by January 1, 2020, what do you hope you will have achieved? (Notice the impact of the difference one day makes! Yes, we are wrapping up a decade next year)
- What are your top 3 priorities next year?
- What feedback and support are you looking for?
- What would be useful in terms of our 1-1 time?
- What else is going to help you do your best work?
What else do you like to ask at this time of the year? Please let us know by sharing in the comments below.
Potentials Realized | Coaching Team Leaders
Coaching Skills Training | Leadership Development | Teamwork
Growing Team Leaders, One Conversation at a Time™ in the Remote Space
Contact us to discuss leadership, coaching or performance needs for your and your team