Enter personal branding.
“A brand is the set of expectations, memories, stories and relationships that, taken together, account for a consumer’s decision to choose one product or service over another.” - Seth Godin
What is the message you want to communicate through your colors, tagline and visuals?
Brands are like a fingerprint for a business. They are unique. They communicate to the external world on many different levels – who you are, what you do, what they can expect.
Brands are linked to our business, or focus, and signal a lot without us even saying a word.
This month you are invited to explore the different elements of your brand. Brands consist of several elements including:
- Images and Icons
- Your Tagline
- The slides you use
- The Typography
- Musical Elements
- The words you use
Questions you will want to explore around your brand include:
- What’s important to communicate to others? What’s the look at feel about your brand?
- What type of brand do you want – Playful? Serious? Minimalistic? Colorful?
- What do you want to communicate through your brand? – Speed, service, reliability?
- Do you use any taglines? The tagline for the CBB is Daily Steps + Consistent Action = Momentum
- Colors – What are the colors of the brand you want to signal? Check out this article from 99 Designs on Branding and Colors
Or Marketo’s What Brand Colors Can Reveal About Your Business
- What’s your name?
- Are there any other elements – sounds, movements?
- What images and icons represent your brand? (More on this later this week)
- What typography represents your brand – Bold, flowery?
What’s important to note about personal branding for you right now? This is a topic we explore in the Incubator program, which starts quarterly.