As I wrote in Effective Virtual Conversations
“Meetings can be an essential part of the communication needed for a high-performing team, and, unfortunately, they have gotten a bad rap due to poorly planned and poorly executed meetings. We know teams that excel usually have shared practices like meetings, which focus on building relationships and getting results.
With more than 35-50% of people’s time being spent in meetings each week, the question of “what could we do to make team meetings more effective?” is a strategic one.
As a team consider:
- What are the top three reasons we should be holding meetings?
- When is the best time to hold them?
- What’s working with our meetings currently? What’s not?
- What’s the one thing we could let go of doing in our meetings without having too much of an impact?
- What is the one thing we wish we did more of?
- What is the best way to communicate information in different topic areas?
- What are the things we want to start doing as a team instead of meetings?
Catch up on other EVC Author Readings I hosted during April, May and June. You can find them here at the Effective Virtual Conversations blog site. You’ll be able to listen into Chapters 1 to 4 of the book as I read it in a daily 5-7 minute reading. Enjoy!
Potentials Realized | Coaching Team Leaders
Coaching Skills Training | Leadership Development | Teamwork
Growing Team Leaders, One Conversation at a Time™ in the Remote Space
Contact us to discuss leadership, coaching or performance needs for your and your team