Today’s post is “Don’t Assume”. What are the assumptions you are making?
It might be…
- Your priority is my priority…
- You have more time than me…
- You don’t have the distractions I have…
- Listen into a short daily reading I did (link to day 23 or 24 I think Lindsay), which covered the Assumptions around Virtual Conversations and Learning we can hold. Two of the ones I hear all the time:
- Everyone understands what I am saying – Be sure to pause regularly and use polls or chat to check for understanding.
- People will follow up – With back to back calls becoming the norm, it’s not uncommon for people to forget their stream of thought from hours earlier. Be sure to leave time for people to NOTE and SCHEDULE their follow up.
- Everyone is going to have the same needs – Learning styles, preferences and focus is usually going to be radically different from person to person. Be sure to vary your approaches and techniques for engagement – from voice, to chat, to things that are hands on. This will ensure that you are meeting the different learning styles in the group.
What are the assumptions you are making? What changes do you want to make?
Potentials Realized | Coaching Team Leaders | Remote Pathways Podcast
Team and Leadership Development | Coaching | Everything DiSC
Get your Q2 planning on with the PlanDoTrack Workbook and Planner or Coaching Business Builder
Looking to enhance your virtual conversations? Webinars? Pick up a copy of Effective Virtual Conversations at Amazon, or join me for the Virtual Facilitation Essentials program
Contact us to discuss how we can support you and your teams and organization with remote work.
Check out upcoming virtual programs on our calendar
PDF copies of PlanDoTrack now available! Get yours here.