First, consider your drivers, or what gets you motivated. For some it’s all about results, for others it’s about creating relationships. For some it may be achievement, while others it’s legacy.
Our motivation and focus may also vary across the day.
Consider these questions:
- What is important to you – in the short term? In the big picture?
- What do you get motivated by - Deep dives around topics? Getting things checked off your list?
- When are you at your peak?
- What tasks need to get done right away so they are off the list?
- What elements might need a focus later on?
What to do if motivation is flagging:
- Consider reaching out to your network. What do they do to keep on task? What tips do they have?
- Consider making a change to routine or location of work.
- Reach out to your mentor and have a discussion around motivation.
- Take a break to renew. High performance is often as much about creating a renewal break, as it is keeping on high performance.
What’s going to fill up your well again?
Potentials Realized | Coaching Team Leaders | Remote Pathways Podcast
Team and Leadership Development | Coaching | Everything DiSC
Get your planning on with the PlanDoTrack Workbook and Planner or Coaching Business Builder
Looking to enhance your virtual conversations? Webinars? Pick up a copy of Effective Virtual Conversations at Amazon.
Contact us to discuss how we can support you and your teams and organization with remote work.
Check out upcoming programs on our calendar!