The seven areas we want to be building skills and capacity around are:
- Working Across Differences
- Relationship Development
What do all of these skills look like in your virtual work?
If you were to give each one of them a rating, what would they look like?
Having introduced these categories to hundreds in speaking engagements over the last few years, I often will poll the audiences I speak with about which ones are most important. By far, the one which most frequently gets raised is TRUST.
What does building trust look like in your virtual relationships?
It may include:
- Being present – and not looking like you are multi-tasking
- Being reliable – following through with promises made to send something out
- Participating in chat and/or annotation and/or verbally
- Showing up on camera (even if that’s uncomfortable)
- Asking questions out of curiosity
Consider recent calls you were on. What does building trust look like in your context?
For more on other topics check out:
- Differences When Working Remote
- Listen into Five Ways to Strengthen Team Relationships here
Remember that things are magnified in the remote space.
If you are collaborating remotely, consider how some of the 7 Enablers of Great Remote Work fit in, including:
What’s going to support better conversations and results in the remote space?
Wishing you the best
Potentials Realized | Coaching Team Leaders | Remote Pathways Podcast
Team and Leadership Development | Coaching | Everything DiSC
Get your planning on with the PlanDoTrack Workbook and Planner or Coaching Business Builder
Looking to enhance your virtual conversations? Webinars? Pick up a copy of Effective Virtual Conversations at Amazon.
Contact us to discuss how we can support you and your teams and organization with remote work.
Check out upcoming programs on our calendar!