Let’s take a look at the 8 Essential Virtual Meeting Questions I share in my 2017 book, Effective Virtual Conversations.
- What’s the purpose of the meeting?
- What takeaways do we want?
- Who needs to be on the call?
- What preparation is needed for us to be most effective?
- What pace to we want to keep it engaging?
- What will help keep the focus?
- What is absolutely essential to cover?
- What follow up might be required?
As you consider your next meeting, what’s important? What’s going to help it be the best meeting possible?
Pick up a copy of Effective Virtual Conversations at Amazon (Kindle and Hard-copy versions available).
Two other things which will help you maximize this virtual conversation in the remote meeting space are:
- Having an agenda. Being sure that the agenda is what people want and that you stick to it! Unlike a face-to-face meeting where people may have lots of time to come and go, stick to the agenda.
- Be clear with responsibilities and accountabilities. One of the nice things with virtual meetings is that you may be able to record them (check local legislation around what is feasible and/or part of company policy) and have them transcribed quickly as a record of next steps. This can save hours of meeting notes!
What’s going to help you with your remote meetings?
Looking for more support on thriving when you need to move things remote? Let’s talk about training or consulting support for your organization, or have your folks join us on one of the Wednesday One-Day Virtual Facilitation Essentials programs. These one-day Virtual Train-the-Trainers are geared to get professionals up to speed in leading virtual conversations of all kinds – meetings, team building events, retreats and coaching sessions. Learn more about the Virtual Facilitation Essentials program here.
Potentials Realized | Coaching Team Leaders | Remote Pathways Podcast
Team and Leadership Development | Coaching | Everything DiSC
Get your planning on with the PlanDoTrack Workbook and Planner or Coaching Business Builder
Looking to enhance your virtual conversations? Webinars? Pick up a copy of Effective Virtual Conversations at Amazon.
Check out upcoming programs on our calendar!