- 7 Scientifically Proven Benefits of Gratitude by Amy Morin. In this article Amy references that gratitude plays a role in improving Self Esteem. A 2014 study published in Journal of Applied Sport Psychology found that gratitude “Enhanced athlete’s self-esteem”.
- Releasing dopamine, one of the feel-good chemicals. When we undertake acts of kindness, and practice gratitude, dopamine is released. (from the Health Benefits of Gratitude: 6 Scientifically Proven Ways of Being Grateful Rewires Your Brain + Body for Health)
- Check out Happier Human’s post on the 31 Benefits of Gratitude. It’s a great read.
What are the things you are grateful for this year?
Here are some additional questions to get you thinking about gratitude this week:
- Who do you want to thank?
- What do you want to share with them in terms of what their impact was?
On a personal level, I’d like to thank you for following us here at Potentials Realized. As a virtual business, I appreciate the many comments and shares you provide both virtually and with teams you work with. I’ve enjoyed the daily practice of bringing you content around teamwork and leadership. There is a treasure-trove of content here for you to dig into as we go to wrap up the 6th year of blog posts.
I look forward to continuing the conversation into 2020 – I’m working on a number of ways to help you tap into the body of work that I’ve created here since 2014.
Don’t forget to also check out the new Remote Pathways Podcast I am co-hosting with Michelle Mullins. It's just been going live this week and and focuses on connecting you to the People, Places and Pathways of today’s remote work context. We touch on tips, ideas and resources for a variety of remote workers - from project managers, to remotepreneurs, to virtual team leaders, and those moving to a remote work space. Do check us out at RemotePathways.com.
Potentials Realized | Coaching Team Leaders | Remote Pathways Podcast
Team and Leadership Development | Coaching | Writing
As we step into the end of the year, get your planning on with the PlanDoTrack Workbook and Planner or Coaching Business Builder
Looking to enhance your virtual conversations? Webinars? Pick up a copy of Effective Virtual Conversations at Amazon.