Today’s post is an encouragement to think about what you want to accomplish in the last six weeks of the month. As we consider the last mile there may be many areas we want to consider including:
- What are the projects which still need attention?
- What are the projects which need more resources to wrap up?
- What has moved out of scope and needs to be readjusted?
One-on-one time with your team:
- When was the last time you held 1-1's with your team?
- What are conversations which need to happen before year end?
- What team events need to happen before year end?
- What supports do they need individually? Collectively?
Planning and Performance Events:
- Have you already prepared your 2020 plans – at the organizational, team and individual levels?
- When did you last hold a performance conversation with each team member? Ask for feedback yourself?
- What stakeholders do you want to reach out to?
- What conversations and/or collaborations are important to have?
- What updates are important to provide?
- Who do you want to set meetings up with before year end, or at the start of the year?
Communication and Reporting
- What reports need to be completed?
- What information needs to be shred with others?
- What reports need an update?
- What tasks have you been putting off? What needs an update?
- What other items need to be wrapped up?
- What do you need to put in hold or closed off on?
- What are you going to do to capture lessons learned and lessons to carry forward?
The last couple of weeks of the year can feel like a whirlwind, and sometimes the important tasks get set aside and missed, including time set aside for the team. In one of my newsletters this month I included 8 different ways to wrap the year up with groups and teams – link to newsletter here.
What daily steps do you want to take going forward to get important items focused on?
Potentials Realized | Coaching Team Leaders | Remote Pathways Podcast
Team and Leadership Development | Coaching | Writing
As we step into the end of the year, get your planning on with the PlanDoTrack Workbook and Planner or Coaching Business Builder
Looking to enhance your virtual conversations? Webinars? Pick up a copy of Effective Virtual Conversations at Amazon.