Think about these questions:
- What platforms were you using this time last year? Five years ago? Ten years ago?
- What was your work characterized by – last year, three years ago, five years ago? A decade ago?
- How were you working a year ago? Three years ago? Five years ago?
- What type of conversations were you having virtually? Team meetings, team development, educational etc.?
- What about digital distractions? Digital minimalism?
- What devices were you using a year ago? Three years ago? How has this changed how, when and where you do your work?
In the last year, we have had great writing released including Cal Newport’s Digital Minimalism which explores the experience of those who detox digitally.
The last year has also seen a huge wave of the audio-book, the podcast and other audio devices, thanks to the present nature of Apple Car Play, Alexis, and Google Home Minis.
It’s also likely that your work may have become either more global or focused in nature, depending on the industry you are in, and the geographic location you reside in. Technology thankfully is reducing barriers.
What do you note about how your work and ways of working have changed in the last year?
What additional changes do you want to embrace?
What do you want to change?
Leadership | Teamwork | Business Success
Author of multiple books including Effective Virtual Conversations (2017), PlanDoTrack (2019) and From One to Many: Best Practices for Team and Group Coaching (2013)
Follow along with the #90DaysPlanDoTrack series over at Instagram @CoachingBizBuilder
Join the conversation at the Conversation Sparker Zone - our online community where you can explore virtual and team issues, coaching, productivity and business development.
Pick up a copy of Volume 1 of the Weekly Journaling Prompts in a digital format. Print it out and take it with you for some inspiration and writing on the go! Available at the Potentials Realized Store.