Today’s post gets you to stop and consider these questions:
- What is helping TRUST in your virtual relationships?
- What is hindering TRUST in your virtual relationships?
Things may be further magnified in a virtual space given that we don’t see the “full picture”, only a small sliver of their world via the screen.
Some ways to boost trust in the virtual space might include:
- Taking time to share more about your work and how that relationship fits into it
- Making conversation touch points more frequent
- Including both formal and informal relationship building time
- Being intentional in creating agreements about how you will work together. This could include things like – how often will we communicate? What is the best way to communicate?
- Taking time to share more about yourselves (as appropriate)
Reducing Trust might include:
- Not following through
- Failing to provide appropriate information
- Not letting a partner know of something in a timely manner
- Not being clear in directions which leads to a faulty end result
What can build or erode trust with your partners?
Leadership | Teamwork | Business Success
Author of multiple books including Effective Virtual Conversations (2017), PlanDoTrack (2019) and From One to Many: Best Practices for Team and Group Coaching (2013)
Follow along with the #90DaysPlanDoTrack series over at Instagram @CoachingBizBuilder
Join the conversation at the Conversation Sparker Zone - our online community where you can explore virtual and team issues, coaching, productivity and business development.
Pick up a copy of Volume 1 of the Weekly Journaling Prompts in a digital format. Print it out and take it with you for some inspiration and writing on the go! Available at the Potentials Realized Store.