Today’s post includes a baker’s dozen powerful questions you might want to incorporate into your upcoming coaching conversations with your team members:
1. What’s your most important priority right now?
2. What’s really clear about _____ right now?
3. If there was one change you could make in your work to boost results/relationships/impact/other right now, what would it be?
4. What is giving you most of your results?
5. What is working really well?
6. What needs some (or more) attention?
7. What are you committed to 100%?
8. Where would collaboration benefit this?
9. What makes your contributions unique?
10. What’s strategic?
11. What will support your growth?
12.A year from now, what do you want to say you have accomplished?
13. What do you need to say NO to, so you can focus in on the most important tasks? What would this take?
The questions you incorporate will need to be shaped by the person you are coaching, their context and priorities. Adjust or amend these questions above.