One thing that you’ll want to have in your back pocket is a variety of A – Z tools. For ideas on this, check out the A-Z of virtual and remote digital download OR the new 20 Activities for Your Virtual and Remote Teams.
There are many other ways we can incorporate an A-Z in our virtual work including:
- “Going around the room” in an A-Z order by first name or location or job responsibility. Calls are more interesting when we do get to hear different voices. Is there a way to call on everyone to include their ideas or thoughts at a part of the call?
- Using an A-Z warm-up by going around the room and having everyone share alphabetically a success the team has had already this year. For example:
- A – New client named ABC company
- B – Boundaries of our geographic location expanded
- C – Compensation changes etc...
- Incorporating an “Eye Spy” activity where everyone has to share an item from their office which starts with that letter.
The intent of an activity like this is to jazz things up a little bit, in a quick way, so that people are not as apt to multi-task.
What A-Z activities might you undertake in your work?
For more ideas, check out the past Monday Teams365 blog posts which usually include an Effective Virtual Conversations Tip.
Enjoy the start to your week,
Leadership | Teamwork | Business Success
Author of multiple books including Effective Virtual Conversations (2017), PlanDoTrack (2019) and From One to Many: Best Practices for Team and Group Coaching (2013)
Follow along with the #90DaysPlanDoTrack series over at Instagram @CoachingBizBuilder
Join the conversation at the Conversation Sparker Zone - our online community where you can explore virtual and team issues, coaching, productivity and business development).
Pick up a copy of Volume 1 of the Weekly Journaling Prompts in an digital format. Print it out and take it with you for some inspiration and writing on the go! Available at the Potentials Realized Store.