It’s the start of a new month and also time to take stock of what you accomplished in January and also what you have planned for February. Yesterday I hosted a month end review and planning session. As a monthly event, I am always amazed at how much gets done in any given month, and how valuable it is to take time to do some planning to reflect on lessons learned and take time to plan and focus for the new month.
Reflecting on the month of January:
- What were my major achievements this month?
- What do I want to celebrate?
- As I consider my goals (and resolutions) I made at the start of the year, how am I doing with these on a scale of 1-10? Which ones are becoming new habits or something I can check off?
- Which goals need to be let go of or changed?
- What habits have supported me this month?
- As a leader, what have I noticed about my team this month?
- As a leader, what notes should I make about performance issues? (if I haven't done it already!)
- The thing that has helped me be most productive this month has been ______.
- The thing that has helped me be most successful this month has been ______.
- The thing that has helped me be happiest this month has been ________.
- The thing that has helped me be most healthy has been _______.
- What have I noticed about my work/productivity/results and/or relationships during the winter months (if you are in the northern hemisphere) or summer (if you are in the southern hemisphere)?
- How am I doing with my theme of the year (how I am living it, embodying it)?
Here are some questions you will want to consider as you step into the new month - Looking ahead to February:
- The project I want to get started is…
- The project I most want to wrap up is...
- I want to leave ______ in the month of January.
- My priorities are:
- Our team priorities are:
- My goals are:
- My teams goals are:
- I want to......
- I'll be really happy at the end of February when….
What else is important to note before you move ahead with the new month?
Enjoy your reflections!
Leadership | Teamwork | Business Success
Author of multiple books including Effective Virtual Conversations (2017), Coaching Business Builder (2018) and From One to Many: Best Practices for Team and Group Coaching (2013)
Follow along with the #90DaysPlanDoTrack series over at Instagram @CoachingBizBuilder
Now available – PlanDoTrack Workbook and Planner - Order a copy today on Amazon