“A river cuts through rock, not because of its power, but because of its persistence.”
— Jim Watkins
It is likely that even with the best planning, finding time to execute and get things done can be a challenge. Today’s business context of ongoing change and disruption, means that things can change on a regular basis, requiring ongoing learning and iteration.
Against this backdrop, it can also be important to focus in on items that are moving you, and the business, forward.
With this in mind, what are the windows you have available (or can create) to get the important things out of the way? This might mean starting your day early, or working late into the night, to focus on projects that require quiet work spaces.
- Review your monthly or quarterly goals.
- Review your Top 3 or 5 Goals.
- What activities are not getting completed in a regular way?
- What needs to be focused on more?
- When will you schedule this in? For example, is this the first thing you want to do every day? Is it worth arriving at work 30 minutes earlier to make sure it gets completed? Could certain activities be delegated to someone else?
- Break larger tasks down to smaller chunks if you have not done so already. Consider what smaller milestones exist and put these in your schedule.
- What are the regular action steps you will undertake to make it happen? Work backwards noting additional mini-milestones.
- What are the most important tasks that are going to move your work or business forward?
- When are you scheduling in these?
- What habits are going to help you get the most important things done?
Leadership | Teamwork | Business Success
Author of multiple books including Effective Virtual Conversations (2017), Coaching Business Builder (2018) and From One to Many: Best Practices for Team and Group Coaching (2013)
Follow along with the #90DaysPlanDoTrack series over at Instagram @CoachingBizBuilder
Now available – PlanDoTrack Workbook and Planner - Order a copy today on Amazon