Where are you getting good leverage from your time. Where are you not?
One activity I have shared with many professionals over the years is that of a Time Tracker. Our memory is an interesting thing. We may think we’ve spent time one way, when in fact, we’ve spent it in other ways.
This week, you are invited to track where your time is going. Grab a notebook, or an app like TopTracker, or Toggl, to start noting where your time is being spent (in 15 or 30 minute blocks). You’ll want to note things like:
- Commute times
- Time spent on social media (you can now use your iphone to immediately see your usage on different sites)
- At work
- In meetings
At the end of the week, do a summary of where your time was spent. Ask yourself:
- What’s surprising?
- What could be consolidated or changed?
- What’s the impact of spending time as it is?
- What changes do you want to make?
- Where do you want to be more intentional with this?
If your year-end schedule is different than the
Author of multiple books including Effective Virtual Conversations (2017), Coaching Business Builder (2018) and From One to Many: Best Practices for Team and Group Coaching (2013)
Follow along with the #90DaysPlanDoTrack series over at Instagram @CoachingBizBuilder
Coming December 14, 2018 – PlanDoTrack Workbook and Planner - Pre-order a copy today on Amazon
Join us for a year-end virtual planning retreat!