With virtual teams becoming more the norm, becoming more proficient at the support of a diverse team is critical. Team leaders, and also team members will want to think about the following as it relates to support for each team member.
What is the preference of each team member in these different areas:
- Email, text, phone call, in person communication
- Short and to the point, or long and conversational?
- Big picture thinker or small-details valued?
- What support needs do they have already from the local environment?
- What unique to their context?
- What time of day is going to work best? (especially if you are managing a global team)
- What supports do they need from you? Others?
With best wishes,
Potentials Realized | Effective Virtual Conversations | Coaching Team Leaders
We provide team and leadership development support through coaching, consulting and training services.
Author of several books including Coaching Business Builder Workbook and Planner (2018) & Effective Virtual Conversations (2017)
Follow along the #90DaysPlanDoTrack series on Instagram @CoachingBizBuilder - 90 days of prompts to support you with your business and work focus