In a team roles are critical in helping the team excel and get results. Different team members may also be better suited to fulfil different roles, based on their strengths and natural talents. Consider these issues:
What are the different roles needed for the team to excel? Consider project initiator, social coordinator, Devils Advocate, Get it Done Person.
One of the better know role frameworks as it relates to team development is Belbin’s Team Roles. Read more about their nine team roles here.
Issues to consider with roles:
- What are the roles different people are inhabiting?
- How are the different roles helping the team?
- What is needed by the team right now?
- Is anyone getting entrenched in the roles they are filling?
- Are roles creating more silos than connection?
- As you look ahead to future work, what roles are going to be required?
Potentials Realized | Effective Virtual Conversations | Coaching Team Leaders
We provide team and leadership development support through coaching, consulting and training services
Author of several books including the 2018 Coaching Business Builder Workbook and Planner & Effective Virtual Conversations (2017)