As you consider what boundaries are appropriate, consider these questions:
- What’s important in your work right now?
- What’s important with your team’s work right now? Your bosses?
- With this in mind, what are the boundaries need to help you focus and run at full capacity?
- What do you need to defer – shift to a later date?
- What do you need to delegate?
- What items/tasks/projects do you need to say NO to?
- What negotiation might this entail?
- What habits will help you stay focused?
- What else?
The Inc article by Dana Dionta and Dan Guerra, “How Successful People Set Boundaries at Work” - https://www.inc.com/dana-gionta-dan-guerra/how-to-manage-boundaries-at-work.html
Check out Erin Bucklann’s article over at DailyWorth, “How to Set Work-Life Boundaries at Your New Job” - https://www.dailyworth.com/posts/2251-how-to-set-work-life-boundaries-at-your-new-job
Potentials Realized | Effective Virtual Conversations | Coaching Team Leaders
We provide team and leadership development support through coaching, consulting and training services
Author of Coaching Business Builder Workbook and Planner & Effective Virtual Conversations (2017)